I’ve been working on a website that I’m really happy with. Spent a very long time figuring out DIV language to do the most basic things. I’m currently trying to figure out how to create a favicon by directing the website to an image of the icon. I’m not sure if that’s possible, but that will be easier for me vs. changing the themes files. Anyway, this is what my website is about:
What this website is:
- This website is for you to find the restaurant that I think has the best ____ . This is food that I think is the very best in the respective cities. There’s a lot of good food out there, but few oh-my-god, I-must-have-NOW foods–this website is comprised of these. The best foods, until I have better.
- I’m often asked for food recommendations, so instead of re-writing a list of restaurants & attaching pictures to e-mails every time someone asks, I thought I’d make it easier on everyone.
- If you share my palate, then you’ll like everything I recommend.
- I think it makes more sense to categorize food recommendations by the food type you’re craving. Are you feeling noodlely?
- This is an ever organically growing site. I’ll notify updates via twitter.
- I’m not a “foodie,” because that word is synonymous with snooty-annoying-trying-to-be famous food critic. I only criticize foods privately.
- I especially loathe those irresponsible review sites that hurt all those businesses, especially those moms n’ pops restaurants built from sheer passion–the bread and butter of their lives. Everyone has different tastes in food, so it’s unfair to judge a restaurant by taste; rather, it should be judged by customer service, which would be more appropriate and responsible. OR, wouldn’t it be more advantageous to find a list of the best restaurants rather one that includes poorly rated ones? Those sites are unfair and irresponsible. Taste is subjective.
- This isn’t a site for negativity.
- Since I can remember, I’ve taken more food pictures during my travels than ones of historical monuments, family, friends, or my face. I tend to recollect memories much better when I associate them with the food that I ate at the time.
- My happiest moments are shared over food, especially with the love of me life.
- I’m super tactile, so not only flavor, but texture, shape, and movement all contribute to the maximum release of endorphins in my brain, which makes me very happy. “They” say that a good meal may equate to a good round of love-making. And I think, they’re right.
- When I’m happy, I like to share it with anyone who’s willing to listen.